Wednesday 20 June 2012

Single.

Second Day.

Well, this is my second post. So far, nothing against blogging.

As a newly single person, I've experienced new things in life. Coming out of a long-term relationship (with a bad break up...you don't even want to know the details) has caused me to see things in a new light.

For instance, I've realized just how picky I am with men - so many requirements (most of which I don't think are too excessive or high maintenance). But the reason being; I've decided that I do deserve the best and nothing less - no more settling.

I heard so many positive things from online dating lately. You know, there's always those stories "my friend met her boyfriend online and now they're engaged" - well, that certainly provides a sense of hope. For this reason, I joined an online dating service yesterday (the free portion only) and in about 24 hours, have deactivated it. I realized that it's too weird and difficult for me to view a profile and decide if I'm interested in someone or not - I would much rather do it the old fashion way and meet people and get to know them the regular way. I'm really starting to hate this online, texting-only stuff. What happened to going out and talking over coffee or even talking on the phone? Nobody does that anymore.

I suppose the reason I joined the site in the first place is because I hoped the same thing would happen to me. Well, I'm lucky that it didn't take too much to make me realize reality. And the reality is that of "He's just not that into you" (I've not read the book, but the movie is fairly wise) - the reality being that we hear the stories - people meeting online and falling in love, people leaving their spouse for the love of their life, etc - the truth is, that's all crap. Those people are all exceptions to the rule - we're all just average. The chances of that happening to us is very unlikely. And these amazing heart warming stories throw us in the wrong direction and lead to unhappiness and misfortune.

I'm trying to move forward with my life and to help with that, I've started reading Patti Stanger's "Become your own matchmaker". Although I'm still on the first chapter, I can see how useful her tips are already. She is one wise woman - I've always looked up to her (since I've known of her). I've seen her success in her show "The Millionaire Matchmaker" and I look forward to reading the rest of her tips and tricks and hopefully be able to move forward in my life and enjoy being single (while I'm in Dating Detox - see her book for further details) and hopefully be on my way to finding Mr. Right.

Then again, I'm young - I've got lots of time. But that's not the case for everyone. I believe there's someone for everyone and some people just need help getting there. Patti is definitely an essential key in getting there.

Wishing you all the best,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment